HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
- My Taxi uses forms and sessions to collect personal information from users when they create an account or place a taxi request. When you complete and submit any form, speak to, or with our support team, you may also be asked to provide personal details.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
My Taxi collects the following information from you:
- Full names as appears on the National Identification Card, physical address, email address, telephone number, bank or credit/debit card details, and any subsequent proof of identity as deemed appropriate.
- Information regarding any transactions carried by users using their My Taxi accounts.
- Details of any bank accounts including but not limited to; account name, account number, SWIFT code, and transaction history (where applicable).
- Any correspondence sent to us, including calls and surveys.
- IP address, browser and operating system type, and log-in times.
- At our sole discretion, we may integrate third party products or services within our website. These third party entities may include My Taxi affiliates, partners, or advertisers. As such, following such links to third party entities may attract additional independent privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. However, My Taxi may obtain personal information about users from third parties.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
- My Taxi is committed to the protection of child privacy and rights. In this regard, all our products are suited for persons above the age of eighteen (18) years, and capable of transacting in their own names. Hence, we DO NOT collect any personal information for persons under the age of eighteen (18) years.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM USERS?
- To operate and administer your My Taxi account.
- To process transactions involving making and receiving payments using our service.
- To prevent fraud and money laundering schemes over the internet.
- To enhance customer service including timely response to questions and complaints.
- To improve the security of our service and website.
- To improve personal experience, including ensuring that content on our website is compatible with your computer and browser.
- To notify you of any changes to our services and to provide you with information regarding products and service we feel may interest you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- My Taxi takes all reasonable and necessary steps to guarantee the security of your personal information. In order to prevent unapproved access to or disclosure of personal information, all internet communication secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, and 128bit security encryption to ensure your information is safe.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- By law, certain personal data records such as your name, customer number, transaction history, and contact details may be retained. However, all personal data is either deleted or destroyed once you elect to terminate your My Taxi account.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To prevent fraud and money laundering, My Taxi may share certain personal information at our discretion with trusted third party entities such as banks, credit/debit card processing services, and credit reference agencies. The user is entitled to a whole and complete list of these third party entities upon providing a written request to the address set out in the Contact Us segment.
HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU?
- My Taxi may contact the user from time to time via the contact details provided by the user upon registration or placing a taxi request. Additionally, from time to time, users may receive system-generated transactional emails depicting notification of user account changes, notifications of receipt of payments, etc. As a user, you may elect not to receive certain information from My Taxi such as; newsletters, promotional features, etc.